Post Study Work Permitin Canada

Canada’s Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP) allows students to gain Canadian job experience on completion of their studies. In order to be eligible to apply for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) the course of study must be a minimum of 8 months. This work permit is valid for only as long as the course duration. So, if your course lasted a year, then the permit you may receive will be valid for only a year. However, the maximum length of a PGWP visa is three years.

International students who end up gaining Canadian work experience through the PGWPP will qualify for permanent residence (PR) through Express Entry in Canada.

In order to be eligible for a PGWP you must:

  • Have completed your studies full-time and your course duration must not be less than 8 months
  • Make sure to apply within 90 days of course completion. Your university or college will need to provide evidence in the form of an official letter or transcript
  • Have a valid student visa during the time of application.