Study in Australia?

Australia has grown to become one of the top countries for quality higher education. The degrees and qualifications from Australian higher education institutions are known around the world as high quality and world class. The standard of excellence is set by universities with recognizable groups like the G8, ATN & the IRU. When looking for work in the future, this can be a great selling point in your favour!

Australia holds the third largest number of international students in the English-speaking world behind the USA and UK. Australia is recognized globally as having a high quality of institutions and colleges, with graduates from Australia being successful in finding jobs and holding prominent positions worldwide.

Multicultural Australia is a safe, friendly, sophisticated and harmonious society in which students can learn and travel in an English speaking country. Whilst conducting your studies it is a good opportunity to travel throughout Australia and experience its diversity.

There are many reasons why over 180,000 international students come and study in Australia including:

  • Vibrant multicultural country
  • Safe destination
  • Value for money
  • English is the national language
  • Ideal study environment
  • Additional learning experiences
  • Friendly and warm people
  • Laid back, outdoor lifestyle
  • Unique landscapes
  • Beautiful beaches
  • Cultural diversity
  • Untouched natural environment

Application Procedure

There are generally TWO Intakes in Australia – February and July of every year. Yet, very few Universities offer multiple intakes in September and November.

Strongly Recommended: Make your applications 7-8 months prior to the intake deadlines. Universities generally take around 4-6 weeks to process your applications.

Entry Requirements/Eligibility

Undergraduate – Bachelors:

  • A good academic record in High School Certificate or 12 years of schooling
  • Some courses such as Computing and Engineering will require Mathematics and /or Science as pre-requisites
  • 6.0 IELTS

Postgraduate – Masters:

  • A good academic record in Bachelors Degree from a recognized university is necessary
  • Any work experience in the field will be helpful
  • For MBA programs at some Universities students need to have work experience along with their Bachelors Degree
  • 6.5 IELTS

Required Documents – A CHECKLIST

Students applying for Australian Student Visa have to carry the following list of documents to file for processing their applications:

  • Visa Application Charge payable through Credit Card
  • Additional Information Form
  • Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) issued by your education provider for the course(s) you are undertaking stating the course, total tuition fees, duration and the course start date along with OSHC
  • Letter of Offer issued by your education provider for the course(s) you are undertaking stating the course, total tuition fees, duration and the course start date.
  • Original Passport (min 6 months validity)
  • Copy of the passport (Notarized)
  • Four recent passport sized photographs (Light colour back ground)
  • Statement of Purpose (Original – Signed by the student)
  • Academic Certificates (Originals)
  • Copies Academic Certificates (Notarized)
  • Work Experience Certificate (on the original company letter heads)
  • Copies of the Work Experience Certificates / pay slips (Notarized)
  • Evidence of Liquid Funds / Bank statements/ Saving Certificates
  • Evidence of income
  • Affidavit of Support by the Sponsors
  • Student Affidavit, if the student is self sponsoring for his studies in Australia
  • Evidence of Relationship (Dependents)

Documents of dependents included in the application- Birth Certificate, Marriage certificate and evidence of marriage (Photos etc.)